Would you like a mysterious box full of vegan goodies to arrive on your doorstep each and every month?
Do you like giving food to others and hearing what they think of it?
If you answered, "Heck yes!" to both of those questions, you should join in on the Vegan Food Swap!
Like many "food penpal" programs, this relies on participants to collect interesting food goodies each month, pack them up, and ship them to their designated recipient. Our first Vegan Food Swap was a big success in April 2012 and we are going strong!
*** NOW ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS FOR THE FEBRUARY 2013 SWAP! ***
How It Works:
1. The Vegan Food Swap is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike. Sign up by completing the form at the bottom of this page. (Sign up by February 5, 2013 to swap in February!)
2. On/about the 6th of the month, you'll receive an e-mail from me asking you to confirm your participation within 48 hours. This step helps ensure that everyone who signs up is serious about participating!
3. On/about the 9th of the month, you'll receive an e-mail containing list of Vegan Food Swap matches. You'll need to contact them to get their mailing address and any food specifics (allergies, gluten-free, etc.)
4. Collect items that you've purchased or made and box them up. Let's keep the spending limit under $20.
5. Include a handwritten note to your match. You can explain why you chose certain items, offer suggestions on pairings, or include a recipe.
6. By the shipping deadline (usually around the 15th), ship your package to your Vegan Food Swap match. (Consider using USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes!)
7. On the last day of the month, post an entry on your blog about what you received, and be sure to include a shout-out to the person who sent you the box! (Non-bloggers can write a guest post for the person who sent the box, if both people agree.)
I'll assume you want to participate every month. If you wish to opt-out for a month, or stop participating entirely, just drop me an e-mail.
Once you sign up and confirm your participation, each person is responsible for actually participating. If you fail to receive a box, please don't be mad. Trust in karma.
* The Vegan Food Swap is open to all residents of US 18 years of age or older.
* Canadian readers: If you're in Canada, please sign up for Vegan Food Swap: Canadian Edition.
* UK readers: Sign up for the UK Vegan Food Swap.
*If you live in another country and would like to host a swap, let me know!
JOIN THE VEGAN FOOD SWAP
If you're outside the US, see list of other Vegan Food Swaps above.